Acupuncture is a system of complementary medicine that involves pricking the skin or tissues with needles, used to alleviate pain and to treat various physical, mental, and emotional conditions. Originating in ancient China, acupuncture is now widely practiced in the West. Remember, the needles used for acupuncture are much thinner than the needles typically used for shots. Most patients report a soothing, tingling sensation during the treatment, and following the treatment, increased energy and decreased pain. Acupuncture uses very fine, hair-thin sterile needles to activate specific points of the body, which promotes your body’s innate ability to heal itself.
Acupuncture works by:
- Facilitating the flow of oxygen
- Releasing endorphins
- Relaxing the nervous system
- Balancing your body’s energy, or Qi (pronounced “Chi”)
- Doctor Orchard is a licensed Acupuncturist.
What Does Acupuncture Treat?
Acupuncture is a safe, effective and drug-free therapy that can help address a wide variety of common ailments.
- Needles $2
- If Acupuncture accompanies a visit, it will add $20 to office visit price